SJS Executives has an immediate opening for a Boiler Operator.
Emergency/On-Call: may be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
• Candidates shall have a minimum of six (6) months experience in the operation of large (100 tons or more) air conditioning and/or refrigerant, or two (2) years' experience as an air conditioning equipment mechanic helper or apprentice.
• Possess a valid Maryland First Class Stationary Engineer license
• Knowledge of the location and function of all equipment controls, meters and gauges in the plant, and experienced skill to determine appropriate action to meet significantly complex demands.
• Knowledge of prescribed tests and chemicals to test and treat boiler water.
• Knowledge of drawings and circuit diagrams of the boiler plant and auxiliary equipment to quickly locate defects in the system and perform minor repairs.
• Thorough knowledge of the fuels used, the chemical reactions involved combustion, and the proper fuel air ratio needed for maximum efficiency.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance requirements and the procedures or adjustments required controlling pollutants.
• Preferred candidates will either have an active Secret Clearance, or can readily obtain one.